BRIDGE EQUIPMENT & WATCH KEEPING (40 Marks)
(Attempt any FOUR questions from this section. All questions carry equal marks)
1. Explain the operation and principle of the Inter- switching of a Follow Up and
Non Follow Up mode of the Steering system.
2. Write short notes on (a) Day light Signalling Lamp (b) Clear view screen.
3. Explain various circumstances and methods used to call Master by Duty Officer during navigational watch.
4. What are the duties and responsibilities of an OOW in charge of a Navigational watch?
5. List and explain the importance of the log book entries done during navigational watch.
SECTION – B
COLLISION PREVENTION (30 Marks)
(Attempt any THREE questions from this section. All questions carry equal marks)
6. With the help of a neat diagram explain the lights and shapes displayed by a power driven vessel underway of length more than 50 meters engaged in towing operations with length of tow exceeds 200 meters both by night and by day.
7. Draw the shapes displayed by day by the following vessels:
(a) Vessel Constrained By her Draught (b) Vessel Not Under Command
(c) Vessel Aground (d) Vessel at anchor (e) Sailing Vessel
8. With the help of a neat diagram, draw the arc of visibility of
(a) Masthead lights (b) Side Lights (c) Stern Light
(e) Towing light (f) Anchor Light
9. Give the sound signal for the following, when vessels are in sight of one another in a Narrow channel:
a) I am altering my course to Port b) I am operating astern propulsion
c)I intend to overtake you from your starboard side
(a) Two vessels approaching each other and fail to understand the other vessel’s intentions.