Action in case of Engine Room fire at sea
- Raise the alarm. Inform the master
- Reduce the vessels speed & Engage manual steering.
- Display NUC ( NOT UNDER COMMAND) lights,
- Weather reports, open communication with other vessels in the vicinity and send urgency signal.
- Close all ventilation, fire and watertight doors.
- Muster all crew- take a head count.
- Emergency fire p/p running.
- Isolate all electrical units.
- Commence boundary cooling.
- Fight fire by conventional means.
- Main fire party to be properly equipped.
- Back up party ready at all times.