The ALRS series provides comprehensive information on all aspects of maritime radio communications.
The data is organized into 6 volumes,some divided into several parts for case of handling.
VOLUME-1(NP 281) :
Maritime radio stations (part 1 and 2) splits across two publications, VOLUME 1includes radio details for:
- Global maritime communication
- Satellite communication services
- Coastguard communication
- Maritime tele-medical assistance services(TMAS).
- Radio quarantine and pollution reports
- Anti-piracy contact table
VOLUME 2(NP 282):
Radio aids to navigation DGPS, Legal time signals, and electronics positioning fixing system(parts 1 and 2) splits across two publication,volume includes radio details for:
- List of VHF radio directions finding stations
- RADAR beacons (RAcons and RAmarks)
- Known operational AIS
- Aids to navigation (A to N)
- Radio beacons transmitting DGPS correction
- International standards and daylight saving times and dates
- Interational radio time signal broadcast detials
VOLUME 3 (NP 283):
Maritime safety information services (part 1 and 2) split across two publications,volume 3 includes radio details for:
- Maritime weather services
- Safety information broadcast
- Worldwide NAVTEX and safety NET information
- Submarine and gunnery warning details (subfacts and gunfacts)
- Radio fascimile stations, frequencies and weather map areas.
VOLUME 4(NP 284):
Meteorological observation stations this volume contains:
- All met observation stations listed worldwide
VOLUME 5( NP 285):
This consists of GMDSS. This volume includes:
- Worldwide communications requirements for distress, search and rescue
- Extracts from SOLAS and ITU regulations
- Distress and SAR (incorporating MRCC and MRSC contacts) worldwide NAVTEX and maritime safety information.
VOLUME 6( NP 286):
Pilot services,vessel traffic services and port operation(part 1 to 8). this volume splits across 8 publications,volume 6 includes radio details for:
- Detailed pilot information,contact details and procedure
- Vessel traffic services information,contact details and procedure
- National and international ship reporting system
- Port information,contacts and procedure.