SECTION – A
Bridge Equipment and Watch Keeping (40 Marks)
(Attempt any four questions. Each carry equal marks)
1. Draw a layout of the Bridge with its Navigational Equipment.
2. Briefly describe what is:
(a) Perpendicularity error (b) Side error
(c) Collimation Error (d) Index Error
3. Draw and label Wet Card Magnetic Compass.
4. Briefly describe:
(a) Chronometer (b) Electric Telegraph
5. Explain the procedure for handing over and taking over a watch at sea.
6. Briefly explain the watch keeping arrangement at sea.
SECTION – B
COLLISION REGULATIONS (30 Marks)
(Attempt any 3 questions. Each carry equal marks)
7. Explain the following (a) “Proper Lookout” (b) “Safe speed”
8. Define the following (a) Vessel not under command (b) Vessel restricted in her ability
to manoeuvre. (Give examples).
9. Define the following:
(a) Vessel constrained by her draught
(b) Power driven vessel
10. As a stand-on vessel in crossing situation, if collision cannot be avoided by
alteration of course by give-way vessel alone, what action will you take to avoid collision?
BRIDGE EQUIPEMNT, WATCH KEEPING & COLLISION PREVENTION –I
SECTION – A