- Max limit 200 miles from the baseline.
- The coastal state has exclusive right to exploit living and non-living resources in its EEZ.
- Can enact regulations on pollution and environment protection in it’s EEZ.
- Has the exclusive right to construct artificial islands in its EEZ.
- The exclusive right to fish.
- Conduct scientific research in its EEZ. Exclusive economic zones, however, can not generate from an uninhabited island. These islands can only generate a territorial sea and contiguous zone.
- Flag state vessels have the following rights and obligations in EEZ of other states: Freedom of navigation as in High seas. Lay submarine cable/ pipe lineObserve pollution control regulations of the coastal state fishing gear if carried must be in stowed /secured conditionRespect and comply with the 500 meters security zones of the offshore installations/ artificial islands of the coastal state.