- AT SEA
He keeps a bridge watch from 0800 to 1200 hours and from 2000 hours to 0000, Under the Supervision of the master.
- AT PORT
Keeps a cargo or deck watch for 12 hours in 2 shifts
- DURING ARRIVAL AND LEAVING PORT
Responsible for the forward station (what is forward and aft station ?). The forward station is responsible for anchor operation.
- OTHER DUTIES
- In Charge of maintenance of LSA and FFA under the supervision of the chief officer.
- In drills and emergencies assist Master.
- Incharge of LSSA (Light and sound signaling apparatus).
- Incharge of all Meteorological equipment on board and Flags.
- He makes cargo plan under the direction of Chief officer.