Motivation is the word derived from the word ’motive’ which means needs, desires, wants or drives within the individuals. It is the process of stimulating people to actions to accomplish the goals. In the work goal context, the psychological factors stimulating the people’s behaviour can be –
Desire for money; success; Recognition; Job-satisfaction; Teamwork, etc
One of the most important functions of management is to create willingness amongst the employees to perform in the best of their abilities. Therefore the role of a leader is to arouse interest in performance of employees in their jobs.
The process of motivation consists of three stages:-
1) A felt need or drive;
2) A stimulus in which needs have to be aroused;
3) When needs are satisfied, the satisfaction or accomplishment of goals;
Therefore, we can say that motivation is a psychological phenomenon which means needs and wants of the individuals have to be tackled by framing an incentive plan.
Importance of motivation:
Motivation is very important for an organization because of the following benefits it provides:
1) Puts human resources into action;
2) Every concern requires physical, financial and human resources to accomplish the goals. It is through motivation that the human resources can be utilized by making full use of it. This can be done by building willingness in employees to work. This will help the enterprise in securing best possible utilization of resources;
3) Improves level of efficiency of employees;
4) The level of a subordinate or a employee does not only depend upon his qualifications and abilities. For getting best of his work performance, the gap between ability and willingness has to be filled which helps in improving the level of performance of subordinates. This will result into-
5 )Increase in productivity,
6) Reducing cost of operations, and
7) Improving overall efficiency.
8) Leads to achievement of organizational goals
One Reply to “MOTIVATION:”
Jisne bhi bnaya h mashallah bnaya h