- a) Define:- i) Position Line ii i) Estimated position (5 Marks)
- b) On 14th Nov 1992 at noon, a ship’s in DR position 17⁰ 08’ N 136⁰ 32’E, set courses as follows:-
Ship experienced a current setting in the direction 140⁰ at 1.0 knots
Find the estimated position next noon. (5 Marks)
- a) The Horizontal sextant angle between two light houses is observed to be 180⁰, what conclusion can be drawn from the observation? (5 Marks)
- b) If the height of a light given on the chart is 22 mtrs and the height of the observer is 17 mtrs. Find the distance at which the light will be raised? (5 Marks)
- a) How will you obtain Index Error on a marine sextant.
- b) What are the uses of Azimuth mirror? ( 10 Marks)
4 a) What are T/P notices? (5 Marks)
b) Define ‘geographical range’ and ‘nominal range’.