SECTION – A
Bridge Equipment (40 Marks)
(Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks)
1. Explain Janus configuration with respect to Doppler Log.
2. Explain various modes of steering and change over procedure from hand steering
to auto pilot and vice-versa.
3. What are the errors connected with the working of an echo sounder and what measures do
you take to eliminate the errors when using the equipment.
4. Explain the working of a Marine Radar with the help of a Block Diagram.
5. Write short notes on (a). Calibration of speed log (b). ROTI
SECTION – B
Watch Keeping and Collision Prevention (30 Marks)
(Attempt any THREE questions from this section. All questions carry equal marks)
7. Briefly explain the principles observed in keeping a safe navigation watch.
8. Explain the procedures for testing controls and checks required on Navigational
equipment when proceeding to sea?
9. What are the IMO performance standards of ARPA?
10. What are the capabilities and limitations of ARPA?