SECTION – A BRIDGE EQUIPMENT Marks : 30
Question No. 1 is compulsory, attempt any THREE questions from the remaining, all questions carry equal marks.
1. Whilst steering 076°(T) at 13 knots, a lighthouse bore 046°(T) 4.5M off at 0800 hours. At 0809 hours, it bore 029°(T) 2.5M off. Find (i) Range, bearing and time at CPA. (ii) Range, Bearing and time when abeam. [10 Marks]
2. Briefly describe parallel Indexing Technique used on a radar display. [10 Marks]
3. Enumerate and briefly describe the various errors of GPS. [10 Marks]
4. What is Geometric Dilution Of Precision (GDOP)? [10 Marks]
SECTION – B WATCH KEEPING Marks : 20
Attempt any TWO questions from the following:-
5. What actions will you take as a duty officer on the bridge on receiving a storm warning.
6. What navigation related entries are made in the narration section of a ship’s log at sea?
7. Enumerate actions you will take to maintain an effective anchor watch. [10 Marks]
SECTION – C COLLISION PREVENTION Marks : 20
Attempt any Two questions from the following:-
8. Describe the sizes, colour and vertical distance between the various shapes used as day signals
in a vessel greater than 20 m. [10 Marks]
9. Explain the vertical positioning and spacing of masthead lights in a power driven vessel of 20
m or more in length. [10 Marks]
10. What is the performance of sound signal appliances fitted on board as per collision regulation?
Who approves the installation and checks the performance of sound signal appliances fitted on
board? What is the audibility range of sound signals? [10 Marks]