SECTION – A (PRINCIPLES OF NAVIGATION) (30 Marks)
(ATTEMPT ANY TWO QUESTIONS FROM THIS SECTION. ALL CARRY EQUAL MARKS)
1. a) Explain the following:-
i) DR position ii) Deviation iii) Isogonal Lines iv) Parallels of Latitude
v) Prime Meridian
b) Define ‘Diff. of Meridional parts (DMP)’ and derive relationship between DMP and
2. Explain with a neat diagram how different seasons are caused.
3. a) Explain principle of Marine sextant with ray diagram.
b) What are the care and maintenance essential for marine sextant?
SECTION – B (PRACTICAL NAVIGATION) ( 45 Marks)
ATTEMPT ANY THREE FROM THE REMAINING QUESTIONS)
4. Find the initial course, final course and distance by great circle track from A to B.
Position A 13⁰ 40’ S 120⁰ 00’W; Position B 30⁰ 20’ S 142⁰ 20’W. ( 15 marks)
5. A vessel from Lat 24⁰ 00’S Long 026⁰ 06’W, sailed on a course of 126⁰ T for 3456 miles. Find the position arrived using mercator sailing. (10 Marks)