- Sailing direction (NP1 to 74) (12years) supplement issued every 8 months.
- Often,referred to as pilot books,sailing directions are designed for use by the merchant mariners on all the classes of ocean going vessels with essential information on all aspects of navigation.
- Sailing directions provide worldwide coverage in 74 volumes.
- Each publication contains photographs and views as well as information on navigational hazards,buoyage,meteorological data,details of pilotage,regulations,port facilities and guide to major port entry.
INFORMATION YOU GET IN SAILING DIRECTIONS( PILOT BOOK) ARE :
- details regarding the coast approach (particular area
- Dangers/ no go areas
- Local weathers
- Local/ harbour rules,port authority
- Working channel etc.
- Region A/B buoyage system
- Panaromic/ photographic views
- Sea tidal information,depth/draught and deck details.