- AT SEA
Keeps bridge watch from 0000 to 0400 and 1200 to 1600 under the supervision of Master.
- IN PORT
Keeps Cargo and deck watch normally for 12 hours in 2 shift.
- BERTHING AND UNBERTHING
Incharge of the station aft (what is forward and aft station?)
- During Boat drills and emergencies he is in charge of a boat.
- In fire dill, he is inchage of Boat Deck Party.
- In charge of charts, publication.
- In charge of all Navigational equipment.
- In charge of all medical treatment and medical stores.