Skip to content
- Prepare passage plan of that area.
- Communicate with port authorities for local informations.
- Synchronise all the clocks.
- check the steering gear system when coming from long passage it should be done 2 hours before.
- If entering at day time keep all the appropriate flags positioned.
- If entering at night time check for all appropriate navigational light.
- Keep pilot ladder ready.
- Keep lifebuoy with attached rope.
- Pilot embarking or disembarking arrangement made.
- check communication to forward and after station and also to steering gear compartment.
- Check electric power supply of windlass.
- Keep pilot card ready it should be presented to the pilot as soon as he enters the wheel room of the ship.
- cargo loading and unloading plan should ready.
- Check both anchor and associated gears.
- Check mooring line and windlass.
- Check all thruster is in good order.
- Check echo sounder for working and proper standby.
error: Content is protected !!