Skip to content
- Inform master.
- Reduce speed.
- If the fire is forward then bring wind to the quarter and if fire is aft then bring wind to aft.
- Muster all crew- headcount. Fire party briefed.
- Proceed to scene off the fire and investigate.
- Shut down all ventilation.
- Start emergency fire p/p.
- Try to fight the fire by conventional means.
- Maintain boundary cooling at all times.
- Refer to the cargo plan with regard to the type of cargo on fire and if any dangers associated with it.
- Commence boundary cooling and check the adjacent compartment for additional fire risk.
- Consider ballasting the adjacent tanks after calculation of GM of the vessel.
- Inject fixed CO2.
- Investigate port of refuge facility and inform port authorities.
error: Content is protected !!