1. Largest passenger ship
The Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas
Royal Caribbeans Harmony of the Seas is the world’s largest passenger ship and dream of a lot of mariners. This Beast is 1,188 ft long, 215.5 ft wide. When it comes to how many people it can carry, Guys it can carry 6,780 guests along with 2000+ crew members. Registered in the Bahamas and took 32 months to complete at a cost of more than $1 billion.
some other facts
– 18 total decks with 16 guest decks
– 2,747 staterooms, 1,768 balconies
– There are 4 bow thrusters with 7,600 horsepower each
– 24 guest elevators
– 7 distinct ‘neighbourhoods’
– 8 specialty restaurants and 4,908 total restaurant seating
– 11,252 works of art showcased throughout the ship
– 4,700,000 lbs. (2,150 tons) of water in 23 swimming pools, whirlpools, two FlowRider surf simulators, and waterslides
– A 10 story, 100-foot drop with The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea
– The fastest Internet at sea
2. Largest Container Ship
OOCL Hong Kong is the world’s largest container ship. And the first ship to ever to cross the 21,000 TEU mark.
It has a carrying capacity of 21,413 TEU. With a length of 399.87 meters(1311.90 feet), breadth of 58.8 meters and a depth of 32.5 meters, it is the largest container ship ever built.
3. Worlds largest LNG Carrier
Mozah is a Q-MaxLNG carrier operated by Qatargas II. The vessel was built in 2008 by Samsung Heavy Industries and is the largest LNG carrier in the world together with her sister ships.
|Tonnage:||163,922 GT128,900 DWT|
|Length:||345 m (1,132 ft)|
|Beam:||53 m (174 ft)|
|Draft:||12.0 m (39.4 ft)|
|Installed power:||43,540 kW (58,390 hp) at 91 rpm|
|Propulsion:||2 x MAN B&W 7S70ME-C diesel engines|
|Speed:||19.5 knots (36.1 km/h; 22.4 mph) (maximum)19.0 knots (35.2 km/h; 21.9 mph) (cruising)|
|Capacity:||266,000 m3 (9,400,000 cu ft)|