Skip to content
- The cargo officer must be informed about the chemical name of the cargo to enable the appropriate safety data sheet to be consulted in the tanker safety guide.
- Quantity of cargo and respective weight.
- Clearance on quantity control must be checked.
- The temperature of cargo at the loading stages and also during the carriage stage.
- Tank coating must be compatible with the cargo.
- Chemical properties like corrosive property must be known before loading.
- Electrostatic Properties can be acquired by some chemicals. This must be kept in mind.
- The possibility of fire and explosion should be checked as 50% of chemicals carried are derived from hydrocarbon.
- The level of toxicity of the chemical, If toxic vapor are character of the cargo.
- Reactivity with water and other cargo.
- Emergency procedures should be known.
- Incapability with other cargos should be noticed before loading.
error: Content is protected !!