Skip to content
- Raise the alarm. Inform the master
- Reduce the vessels speed & Engage manual steering.
- Display NUC ( NOT UNDER COMMAND) lights,
- Weather reports, open communication with other vessels in the vicinity and send urgency signal.
- Close all ventilation, fire and watertight doors.
- Muster all crew- take a head count.
- Emergency fire p/p running.
- Isolate all electrical units.
- Commence boundary cooling.
- Fight fire by conventional means.
- Main fire party to be properly equipped.
- Back up party ready at all times.
- C/O not to enter as he monitors progress and communication with the bridge
- Proper communication between bridge and engine room.
- Keep bridge informed accordingly of the sequence of events.
- At all times firefighters to be well equipped with breathing apparatus and fireman suit.
- Checks on the apparatus must be carried out prior to entering space.
error: Content is protected !!