Interview questions for placement as a deck cadet in MMSI, Interview lasted for food 30-40 minutes and interviewers were helpful.
- Name and Marks In 10th 12th PCM BSc
- Favorite subject – I told Navigation
- Small problem on finding the compass error
- From Stability
- What is GM
- Uses of GM
- ROR situation- Crossing Situation.
- how do we know/ plot our ship position/ methods- I told all methods but he asked about the modern method then He asked GPS and Radar
- Whether we can plot our ship position from radar- I told sometimes but mostly used for preventing collision and maintaining our course
- List out some bridge equipment
- Where is Japan?
HR Questions came Next
- About Family
- why you joined merchant navy
- Why you joined IMU.
- Fav subject
- Navigational equipment on the bridge.
- How to find the Position of a ship.
- If GPS fails -what will you do.
- Types of compass.
- Why gyrocompass.
- Variation and Deviation in detail, they asked many questions in different ways to confuse me.
- Why Variation is E-W?
- What is Sextant?
- How to use Sextant?
- When to use Sextant.
- rule 19
- rule 5
- rule no.9 uses
- When you maintain lookout what all things you have to see?
- What is TPC? Explain it.
- What is FWA